Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What Kind Of Advice Is That??!?

At church on Sunday, Cole and Ava made God Nests.



Yeah, Mom and I had that same expression on our faces too. Apparently you write all of your worries on pieces of paper, fill your God Nest with them, and you take the worries out and pray for them. They were learning the concept of God taking your worries away. Not sure about the nest allegory, but whatever

Mom and I found the term God Nest very funny. We couldn't stop saying it, and laughed harder each time the other one used it in a sentence. At one point, Mom told me to "put THAT in your God Nest and smoke it!"

Some time later, while driving to the restaurant, Zach asked me a random question. "Mom, do you think it looks like it's going to be a tornado outside?" I said no. My Mom said to him, "Are you worried about a tornado coming?" He nodded his head, and Mom responded jokingly, "Well, just write it on a piece of paper and put it in your God Nest!"

He wrinkled his forehead and said with disdain, "Uh, don't you mean GO HIDE IN THE BASEMENT?"

Apparently he thinks the God Nest is ridiculous too....

No comments:

Post a Comment