Thursday, January 7, 2010

Little Runaways



Melissa's meeting me here in Nashville today. She's flying down to cheer me on and eat hotel food, not necessarily in that order. I am reminded of another weekend getaway from our past...


One spring when I was about 22 and Melissa was 18, we decided to run away for the weekend. We wanted to find the sun, so we searched the weather reports for the closest east coast spot that would have sunshine during that time. Turned out to be Morehead City, North Carolina. My parents had actually lived there at one point, so Mom gave us some tips and we jumped in the car and drove through the night.


View Larger Map


Those were Melissa's "I'm pretending to be a field hockey girl" days, hence the ponytail with the ribbon around it. And this was taken at a rest stop at 3am, hence the face.







My mother recommended we eat at the Sanitary Fish Market.




Some might think those days were the glory days, young and free, being able to just pick up and take off and play around. But that's far from the truth. These days are our glory days. Those days were our baby days, and who wants to be a baby.

But it's a nice memory.


No comments:

Post a Comment