Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Jesus, Peanuts Style




A couple years ago, my brother Andrew sent me a gift for Colson. It was a Bible. Not just any Bible, but the most precious Bible of all. This Bible was so precious that I have never given it to Colson, knowing he would have just ruined it. I've kept this Bible in a special safe place all these years. It is far too special to put on display and write the dates of family births and deaths in...

To this day, I still have a hard time giving it to Colson. But I've decided the time has come; that Colson is ready for it, ready to understand the value and importance of this Bible. So maybe this Christmas I'll give him Andrew's gift, 3 years later.



What?? You don't know about The Picture Bible??? Do you live under a rock? It's only the greatest translation of the Bible ever written (or drawn, I guess). It's the entire Bible in comic strip form. I believe the individual stories were originally single tracts, and this Bible is all of the tracts put together. King James ain't got nothin' on this bad boy...


It's the only Bible Andrew's ever read, and he wanted to bequeath it to Colson. I only hope Colson will respect it in the way it deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment