Friday, November 13, 2009

My Best Birthday Present

When I was 8, I wanted a boy barbie doll. My brother Andrew, who was 16, decided to make me one. This wasn't unusual, Andrew was always making me things. He's the creative Lewis, with music, art, and humor oozing out of his pores.

So Andrew took one of my female Barbies and made a man out of her for my birthday. He gave her a butch haircut and a mustache.

But this wasn't just a regular Barbie. This was Growing Up Skipper. She was a pre-teen Barbie with a flat chest, perfect for turning into a male, right??

Wrong. Very wrong. Why, you ask? Watch this video to find out:




Oh yes! Andrew had made Hermaphrodite Barbie. (Not sold in stores.)

I didn't realize at 8 years old how much I'd wish I still had her at 35 years old. My greatest regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment