Thursday, October 15, 2009

Plastic Vs. Plastic



When Eric and I were shopping for my new minivan, he used a great analogy to help me understand the difference between the Honda and the Dodge Grand Caravan. I could tell that there was a huge difference in the interiors, in terms of appearance and feel, but I couldn't explain it.

Eric said to think about a Dollar Store toy truck, and a Hess truck. Both are made of plastic. But the quality and construction is completely different. Because of that, one is more attractive and lasts much longer than the other.

This was a perfect analogy for me, because my mother has been buying the Hess trucks for Cole and Zachary every Christmas since they were born. And I've been buying them Dollar Store trucks since they were born. The Dollar Store trucks end up in pieces in the trash within 24 hours. The Hess trucks are still in their closets.

I love that my husband knows how to speak Analogy.


(Of course, there is a price to pay for better plastic. A Dollar Store truck is, well, $1. A Hess truck is about 24 times that price.)

No comments:

Post a Comment