Tuesday, October 20, 2009

How To Scare Me



Late Thursday night the kids and I drove to pick Eric up at the LVI airport in Allentown. On Friday morning, right before I woke up I had the most horrible nightmare. It went something like this:

Eric was unpacking, and he said, "Honey, I brought you a gift from England! I spent all of our savings on it!!". Then he handed me this big pizza-size box. I opened it, and inside were hundreds of earrings. Each set of earrings was incredibly tiny; each individual earring was about the size of a grain of salt. Some were fancy and were like 4 grains of salt clustered together. I just looked at these earrings thinking, "What in the world has he done, and what do I say?? Has this man ever LOOKED at what I wear on my ears? Anyone who knows me for a minute knows that I don't wear anything smaller than a softball in each ear".

Right as he asked me if I liked my present, Eric-in-real-life woke me up. I looked at him, with drool running down my chin and said, "Oh, I just had the worst nightmare!" I told him about it, and he said, "Well you're in luck! You can stop worrying, because I didn't bring you anything from England".

I've never been so relieved in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment