Friday, July 31, 2009

I Baptise You In The Name of the Father, the Son, And Marco......Polo!



I was talking to ELew last night, and he started telling this story that began with, "I went to this baptism slash pool party last weekend..". I had to stop him there, because the thought of a baptism slash pool party was making me laugh out loud, and I had to comment on it. I mean really, of all the ludicrous events...

I had to immediately think of an analogy, to explain how ridiculous this pairing was. I mean, you're taking a ceremony that is supposed to be fairly solemn and fraught with meaning and pairing it with an event that's along the same vein, but completely frivolous and casual. The first one I could come up with quickly was a briss slash orgy.

Driving home I came up with a few more:

"I'm going to a funeral slash wax museum tour".

"I'm going to partake in communion slash grape-stomping".

"I'm headed to a breast cancer survivor ceremony slash wet t-shirt contest".

I could go on and on....feel free to add your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment