Friday, July 3, 2009

The Annals Of Andrew, Part 2



Another fun Andrew memory involves my dollhouse. I loved that dollhouse, and spent endless hours with my dollhouse family. I would get so involved while playing that I wouldn't know what was going on around me. My dollhouse was on the floor, and I'd sit or lay behind it, and couldn't see over the top of it.

One day Andrew gave me some little tiny pieces of paper. He said "these are secret papers, hide them somewhere in your dollhouse". He didn't say why, and I didn't really care, because it was a cool idea. I hid them in the toilet bowl of the upstairs bathroom, and forgot about them.

A few days later, while making the dollhouse mother rearrange the living room, I heard something. I looked around the side of the house, and saw Andrew sitting there. He had gotten my little brother Stephen's army men, and the army men were storming the house. They had thrown yarn up to the roof and were scaling the walls. Once the army men got to the top, they "came down the chimney" into the house.

At this point, the army men started yelling, in German of course, to the dollhouse family people. They grabbed the dollhouse dad and shouted "Vere are da papers??? Ve know you have da papers!!" The dollhouse dad refused to answer them, so they went on a ransacking rampage of my dollhouse, searching for the hidden papers.

I can't remember if they found them or not, but I remember not even caring that my carefully arranged dollhouse was a wreck because I was so enthralled by the heartpounding drama that had just occurred. My dollhouse family had never had so much excitement in their lives. I had never had so much excitement in my life.


Join me next time when I write about playing "hide the Jews".

No comments:

Post a Comment