Friday, May 22, 2009

"No, Don't Call HPS On Me!!"




Yesterday morning I accidentally whacked Eric in the face when I went to hug him. He said, "Whoa! I'm going to call Husband Protective Services on you...Then they're going to take me away from you and put me in foster care." I laughed and said, "Yeah, single women everywhere are applying to be husband foster wives. Social workers go to their houses to make sure their homes are suitable for foster husbands. They'll find you an available foster wife and give her a stipend to buy pajamas for you. While you're gone, I'll have to take Wife Classes. If I don't pass, and they deem me an unsuitable wife, your foster wife will have the option to marry you!"

Like when adoptive parents tell their kids "Your mother isn't the person who gave birth to you, it's the person who raised you", in the same way your wife isn't the one who married you, she's the one who loves you.

I was laughing so hard. . Wheaties shmeaties, I love starting my day off with a good analogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment