Saturday, January 24, 2009

What Do You Want From Me?!??!!!!



I'm sick, don't talk to me.

I'm not your monkey on a string, you know, dancing for your barrel organs...watching people go by, imploring them with my prehensile eyes to HELP ME. Trying to communicate that my owners beat me every night, with drunken cries of "Dance faster, daaaaance faaasteeeeer!!".

And yet they all just smile at me. Tickle my chin. Clap for my impressive jigs. And then move on.

Yes, you all never stop. You never look closely enough to see the pain in my eyes. You never look at the organ grinder to see his barely concealed avaricious grin. (Yes, I realize that in my analogy I just made you, my readers, take a metaphysical leap from the organ grinders to the passers-by...Please, the virus is addling my brain, just appreciate).

You never throw me a coin when I tip my miniature yellow hat...(and by "coin" I mean a COMMENT folks, HELLO!). You never detect the sadness, and you never become overwhelmed with the desire to cut my string and help me! And by "help me" I mean watch me run away, not pick me up, talk to me, stroke my coarse monkey hair and take me home to your hyper children, for the love of god.


I have feelings too.


I hurt....I cry........I mourn...



I throw up and have diarrhea, just like you.


And yet I continue to dance. Until someone with the strength of a Moses marches up to you organ grinders and says "Leave a comment, or the Lord will send a Trojan Horse upon the hard drives of your firstborn children!!".....Until someone with the courage of a Daniel crawls into my monkey den, unafraid of my vicious quarter inch monkey teeth.........And yea, until someone with the unconditional love of a Messiah deigns to descend from heaven, take human form, and DIE ON A CROSS for my sins, people, I will continue to dance my sad dances for you.



Oh wait.....



That last thing...happened already,.....didn't....it....




Just shut up.

1 comment: