Sunday, December 21, 2008

TV Be Damned!

Driving home from practice last Monday night, I was listening to the Eagles/Browns game on the radio. I haven't listened to a game on the radio ever, I think, and I have to say that the radio announcers are SO MUCH BETTER at speaking than the TV sportscasters are.

I was reminded of the old radio show Unshackled, produced by Pacific Garden Mission. When I was a young girl, I'd listen to Unshackled every night at 7:30. I didn't even realize they were still broadcasting. Apparently, it's now the longest running radio drama in history. Listening to a current episode, not much has changed, and I love that! Organ music has to accompany Unshackled, nothing else will do.

How cool, you can watch live recordings of Unshackled when you visit PGM.

I'm sure it's cheesy now, but for me at 7-12 years old it was heart wrenching and titillating and raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment