Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Long Lost Art Form



So, you may know that my mother was a champion baton twirler in her youth. She was the head majorette of her high school troupe, and ended up in Who's Who. She travelled all over the South with her twirling partner, doing shows and teaching at twirling camps.


But, I bet you didn't know that Amy followed in her footsteps. Amy was also the head majorette in high school.



You may ask, why didn't I then become head majorette of my high school? Because I was homeschooled, ninny!!! That, and I was a complete klutz until the age of 19...I would have knocked those twirlers over like dominoes if I had a baton in my hands.

2 comments:

  1. Dig those sneakers in the first pic. Who is that on the piano in the last pic. and why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. betcha they're Keds..

    it's not Andrew?

    ReplyDelete