Sunday, November 23, 2008

Oooh Baby, Let's Make Our Particles Collide



Me: "Why can't you just focus when I'm talking to you, instead of having to walk around straightening things up?"

Eric: "I am focusing on you!" (said from the next room while picking up toys...)

Me: "I wish you could just sit still and just listen to me talk when I'm in a talking mood..."

Eric: (coming back into the room and staring into my eyes) "Do you want to connect with me emotionally and spiritually and atomically?"

Me, laughing: "You meant to say anatomically, didn't you...." (knowing Eric, that would be par for the course)

Eric: "NO! I meant to say atomically....you know, for us to get so close that our atoms fuse together."

Me, still laughing: "I think you meant to say anatomically, but then it came out wrong, and you decided to go with it instead of admitting your mistake."

Eric: "I really meant to say atomically! It's cooler and funnier than anatomically!"

Me: "Exactly. That's why I can't believe you actually MEANT to say it...."

1 comment: