Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's Your Birthday, Where Are You?




Happy birthday to my little mirror. My patience has grown incrementally since you were born....We've had a strange relationship these past 6 years for sure, but I think it's evening out. God sent you to me for two purposes; to show me the depths of my self-loathing, since I had to watch you start having every single characteristic and quirk that I hate about myself. And then you forced me to kick the self-hate to the curb, by displaying all of my good qualities, which I never focus on, so often that I finally HAD to admit that we're good people... And in being able hear what others think of you, I can finally say that our quirks just might be cute and interesting, and not shameful.

You can never know how much you hate yourself until you see someone else who is EXACTLY like you. And you can never know how great you are until you see someone else who is EXACTLY like you.

You've done your job, Miss Ladypants, now maybe we can finally start being friends.

And maybe someday I'll forgive myself for taking 6 years to change the way I see myself, and in turn, the way I see you.



Thank goodness we INTJ's have crappy memories....

1 comment: