Monday, October 27, 2008

Owners Of Pine Trees, Beware






Eric was playing football with the boys in the front yard on Sunday afternoon. I was up in my bedroom, and I opened the window that faces the front yard to watch them. Now, that window has a tree in front of it. When I looked out through the tree branches, I saw the most horrifying thing.

I guess I've never seen pinecones growing. It could be the freakiest thing ever. The tree was covered with them, and they were standing straight up, with sap trickling down the sides. They looked like some sort of alien life-growing pods. I started getting all of these X-Files visions in my head.

And so many of them, standing at attention...waiting for their master to send them some sort of alien signal to hatch.


Then the Roombas will burst out of the pods and lay siege upon my house

2 comments:

  1. I'm no arborist, but I'm guessing that's a fir and that those are female cones. Great for parking your car under.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't even tell me cones have a gender...I'm already freaked out as it is, knowing these things are just outside my bedroom window.

    ReplyDelete