Monday, October 20, 2008

I'd Like To Use My Phone-A-Friend



I have three children, one NF (intuitive feeling), and two NT's (intuitive thinking). I, as you know, am also an NT.

Because of these temperament combos, a funny thing happens...My two NT's, Ava and Zachary, have no issues with me having the right answers. When I give Ava or Zach an answer that they prove to be "right", they are genuinely happy and grateful, and I usually get a "Oh wow, thanks Mom!". They just enjoy having the right answer, and the fact that someone else came up with it has no effect on their self-worth.

On the other hand Colson, my NF (ENFP, just like EMo), has such a hard time when I am right. When a situation with Colson arises that proves that I had the right answer, he doesn't want me to say ANYTHING about it, he doesn't want to acknowledge it, he has to huff and puff and furrow his brows....and then he tries to quickly come up with some explanation as to why I was right and he was wrong.

It's so funny....it makes me laugh every time it happens...



Of course, it's not so funny when it's Eric huffing and puffing at me....!! ;o)

1 comment: