Friday, October 31, 2008

How I Say I Love You



I woke up at 4am the other day and realized that if Eric were to die, I would still want to have another baby at some point. And not just any baby, but a baby with him. Even if I were to marry again, I would only want to have Eric's children. I adore the way our DNA mixes, and I would want for my children to have more full siblings if at all possible.

It took me a long time to find his double helix, and I'm not going to take any chances....Lord knows there's a lot of bargain brand DNA out there, and that's one place where I refuse to skimp.

So I woke him up and told him that we need to freeze his sperm, in case of his death.

He looked at me as if I had suddenly sprouted a third eye.

Now in my mind, I had just made a huge declaration of love and loyalty. I might as well have just said to him "My darling, I will love you until eternity passes away. Our love is like an eternal flame, the likes of which has never been seen".

For some reason, he didn't hear it that way.

I think what he heard was "I've decided to become a vegan, tightrope-walking, Buddhist practicing nudist , and I'd like you to join me".

At any rate, he got too caught up in wondering about the science behind freezing sperm to give me a response, and then we fell back to sleep....

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, I heard loud and clear that you love me.

    ReplyDelete