Friday, August 22, 2008

Pass Interference, Mein Fuhrer

A conversation between EMo and I last night, watching the Eagles game. There was a referee who's pants were really wide at the hip/upper thigh area, and then tucked into his socks below the knee.

Me: "Whoa, his pants look like riding pants.....what are those called again?"

Eric: "I have no idea"

Me: "It's on the tip of my tongue....Jodhpurs, that's it!"

Eric: "I've never heard that word"

Me: "Really??!??! I can hardly believe that. You've never seen it written? It's spelled j-o-d-h- p-u-r-s"

Eric: "Yeah, didn't know that word."

Me: "You know what I'm talking about, right? The pants that horseback riders wear?"

Eric: "Hello, I've SEEN them, I just didn't know that they had a name"

Eric: ".....Hey, you know who wore jodhpurs...The Nazis!! So you know jodhpurs must have been trendy, cause the Nazis were on the cutting edge, with all their advanced scientific research....you know that's what the Cold War was all about, whether our Germans were smarter than their Germans. You know all the ex-Nazi scientists came over here after World War II was over, and worked for us, and helped us build nuclear weapons."

Me: ".....oh yeah??? Well I know what jodhpurs are......."



Welcome to Being Suzanne Mosley

1 comment:

  1. Okay, the language nazi mother here. It is...A conversation between EMo and "me". If one can substitute "we" it is I. If one can substitute "us" it is "me". Therefore, a conversation between "us" not a conversation between "we".

    ReplyDelete