Saturday, August 30, 2008

Mi Familia

Friday night we threw a 50th anniversary party for my parents. It was a grand culmination of months of planning and subterfuge. I want to publicly thank all of my siblings and nieces and nephews for all of their contributions. I wholeheartedly appreciate how everyone stepped up to do their part in honoring Mom and Dad.

Along the road of life, there are things that you just have to do. No matter what your personal circumstances are the time, or what your attitude is at the time, there are times when you just have to suck it up and be appropriate.

And that is when you know that you are a true adult. My nieces and nephews are now all either well on their way to adulthood, or are already there.

We may not be the classiest bunch...a niece asking the priest what abortion was, me introduing said priest as "Mister Father McFadden!" (oh yes, I actually said that), Alex, during his tribute, pronouncing "tres chic" as if it rhymed with "dress trick", I could go on for days...but we're certainly not boring.

My sister-in-law Sue said it best when she said "You know, say whatever you want about us Lewises; we may bitch and moan a lot along the way, but in the end, we always pull it together and do the right thing".

Amen, sister

I love every last one of you insanely irritating and obnoxiously opinionated Bob & Jan Lewis offspring!!!!!!!!!!

It's been fun. Let's not do it again for awhile.

Crap. Brooke's getting married next summer......

No comments:

Post a Comment