Sunday, October 23, 2011

Which Aunt's Bread Do I Butter?

An instant message chat between my sister and my daughter, in which my sister makes sure my daughter knows the Relative Ranking System.


me: hello aunt

Amy: hello #5 neice

me: i could me #1

Amy: how?

me: (if i was your favorite)...
:):)

Amy: well of course you are a favorite
you know why?
because your mom is my only sister!!!!!

me: :):)

Amy: so that makes you special!!

me: but i still have another aunt you know...2

Amy: i know....

me: kathy and sue
right
?

Amy: yes
but they are aunts by 'marraige'
i am an aunt by 'blood'
do you know the difference?

me: yes... i have uncles that are married and that's could be not my aunt and another lady could be but if my mom is my mom then you have to be my aunt

Amy: your other aunts are married to your 'blood uncles; -- and i am your aunt because i am blood related to your mom

me: i know
:):)

Amy: your uncles will always be your uncles
Sue/kathy if the get divorced wont be your aunts anymore

me: i know......................yeah...Ed too??

Amy: ed is your uncle - but your uncle 'by marraige'
he is not 'blood related;
make sense?

me: uh huh

Amy: smart girl

me: :):)

Amy: and i am a smart aunt

me: sure
:P
bye

No comments:

Post a Comment