Saturday, April 30, 2011

Just Don't Ask Me To Scrapbook...

Today Zach is going to his best friend Luke Tabasso's birthday party. When I asked him yesterday what he wanted to get for Luke he said, "Best friend tee shirts, like Ava and Sarah have."

Talk about uber specific...ridiculously hard to find on short notice, so I suggested we make our own. I said they can say Luke and Zach on them. Zachary wanted them to say "Luke and Zach love each other." I suggested Luke and Zach, Best Buddies. Zach settled for his second choice, Luke and Zach, Best Pals!



So I stayed up late last night ironing letters on shirts. I have to say, peeling the transfer paper from the letters gives you a little rush...similar to squeezing out a giant blackhead. Try it, tell me you don't get a nice high when you realize your ironing technique worked and the paper peels right off seamlessly. Only rice paper thin sunburned skin can beat it, methinks.

Anyway, Zach is extremely happy with how they turned out. I'll say what everyone's thinking, this project seems so out of character for me. But when you see Luke and Zach together, there's not much you won't do to facilitate the unadulterated joy that is their friendship. Even work with puff paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment