Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Swear I Can Dance

Today we have Marc Davidson and Sylvie Raymond, UCWDC Masters Showcase World Champions two years in a row. They are my favorite French Canadians, although I have to say I pretty much love them all. I rarely know what they're saying but I love hearing them say it. At times it seems as if they're laughing at me but I don't even care....Sylvie taught me how to says "testicles" in French and I've been in love with her ever since.

Richard and I were sitting in the bleachers watching Pro-Am one day at Worlds and Marc walked over to say hello and he leaned over to kiss my cheek. I jumped up to accept his offering (duh, have you seen those eyes up close???). Marc kissed one cheek and I backed up, but then I remembered that those Frenchy types kiss both cheeks, so I was caught between "just be cool and sit back down, don't look desperate" and "I don't want him to feel like I snubbed the second kiss so I need to lean forward again so as not to leave him hanging, not to mention GET ANOTHER ONE WHILE YOU CAN, DUMMY!"......

While in that horrible purgatory I made the unfortunate decision to sit down. I was so flustered by my moment of fuzziness that I forgot that once you stood, those theater-style seats folded back up. So I plopped my not-your-usual-5'2"-tall-dancer rear end down and just kept falling. My backside hit the underside of the seat and the entire section of bleachers shook as if every Pro-Am contestant had continued their polka off the competition floor and up into the stands. I was holding a cup of soda in my hand, so people around me were dodging ice cubes as well as droplets of mortification.

I walked around for the next week with a giant bruise on my tail. Lesson to be learned here? When it comes to French Canadians, always turn the other cheek. Otherwise it's a giant pain in the ass.

:)





No comments:

Post a Comment