Friday, July 23, 2010

Diminishing Me




Eric and I had to drive his truck to the service station yesterday morning. Before we left, he pulled my van out of the garage for me to check something I'd asked him to look at. Once he was finished, he got out and handed me my key, and then went to get into his truck so I could follow him to the auto shop.

When I got into my van and inserted the key, it wouldn't turn at all. I tried a few times, and it still wouldn't move. So I waved and yelled to Eric in his truck to wait a second, that I had a problem. He got out of his truck and walked back up to the van. I told him I couldn't turn the key at all. He rolled his eyes and asked me to get out, got in, jiggled the wheel a bit, turned the key and the car started.

With more eye rolling, Eric got back in his truck and we headed out. After he dropped off his truck and got back in the van, this little exchange took place.

Eric: So, I figured out why the key wouldn't turn for you. There must be a pressure sensor in the seat, and because you've lost so much weight it didn't even register that someone had sat down at all! (...pregnant pause...) No, I'm just kidding, there's no pressure sensor in the seat for knowing when to start the car, the pressure sensors only relate to the airbags. But I thought of that driving over here and thought it would be a cute compliment since you have lost so much weight! (This is one of Eric's quirks, everything he says has to be explained after he's said it)

Me: Ah....so that explains why the car started immediately once you sat down...

Eric: Yeah, the sensors were all, "HOLY CRAP! Start quickly, there's two people driving this thing!!!"


That started our fun car day yesterday. Make sure you ask Eric about his almost altercation with a US Marine with extreme road rage! A female pedestrian came within inches of losing her life. And Eric decided it's time to get a gun......

But whatever, I'm skinny. Let's focus on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment