Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Midget Commentator



I took the kids to Target the other night, to shop for trip supplies. Cole came up to me at one point and, thinking he was being funny, tugged on my dress. Well, being strapless, the dress slipped right down over my chest and down to my waist.

Fortunately it was a swimsuit cover up, and I had my bikini on underneath. I pulled the dress back up over my chest, and I looked dead into Cole's eyes. In my best cold and dead quiet voice I said to him, "You better be damn glad I had a bathing suit on underneath this dress. The next time you try to pull a stunt like that your life as you know it will be over."

Cole apologized profusely, he was incredibly shamefaced. I said it was fine, I reiterated that he needs to think before doing things. All of a sudden, from the cart, 4 year old Zachary yells out:

"Wow, THAT was awkward!!"

That boy can cut through tension like a hot knife through frozen butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment