Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mommy's Short Memory




The other day (Saturday) in the car, Zachary was in a rare whining mood. I got fed up with it after a few minutes and hollered at him, "If you don't stop the whining right this minute, you will not be watching television for an entire week!!!" He whined about something a few minutes later, and I said, "Ok, you've sealed your fate. No watching tv for an entire week for you."

My rear view mirror was trained on him already, as I use that to make eye contact with my kids when I discipline them in the car. So as I said that, I looked in the mirror at him. His response was classic.

He simply shrugged, looked out the window and said in a calm and nonchalant tone, just as much to himself as to me, "Well, I know you'll forget about THAT by next Tuesday...."

No comments:

Post a Comment