Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Next Stephen King?



I was going through a junk pile the other day and came across Ava's old story notebook. When she was 3, my mom gave her this spiral notebook that Ava used to write and illustrate stories. When she'd finish a story, she'd bring me the book and read it to me. Back then, being 3 years old, her spelling was sketchy and she didn't quite understand how to write her sentences in order on the page, so I'll translate beneath each page....even more shocking than the fact that Ava wrote this at 3 years old is the fact that she chose this subject matter.





They were holding hands for bed. It was time.




But sadly, a lady bad woman was at the window.




Going to steal the girl. But in the morning the girl was gone.




Then they went to find the girl.




She told the Daddy about the girl.




It was snowing. Boo, spooky.





Aha!







I'm such a huge fan of the old lady at the window, with the bags around her eyes and the Picasso-esque crooked nose.

I also adore the mother's face as she hugs the found girl, with her closed eyes and arched brows.

From a very young age, Ava was able to draw expression in faces. Even when every other aspect of the person was drawn at a normal toddler level, the facial expressions were always so mature....

No comments:

Post a Comment