Thursday, November 4, 2010

Artsy Fartsy

Art day yesterday. Cole learned about illuminated manuscripts and initial letters, and had to make his own initial letter.

Zach is learning about portraits, and had to draw a family portrait of a "royal family". He complained that he "didn't know how to draw kings and queens". I gave him the speech I give him 27 times per day, that goes something like, "Nobody asked you if you knew how. The point of learning is to TRY. You sit down and you TRY it. If you can't do it, then you TRY again. And you keep trying until you learn how to do it. Welcome to life." So he sat down and drew this, brought it to me and said, "MOM! Can you even believe that I drew this king and queen so good??!! I didn't even know that I could draw crowns, and look how good they are!!"



Ava is learning about tints and shades, primary and secondary colors. She had to paint colors onto a paper the day before and let them dry, then she had to draw a cat on that painted paper and cut it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment